Raw Dog Food Guidelines
How Much Raw Food Should I Feed My Dog?
We understand that every dog is different so will have unique dietary requirements. We recommend that in general your dog should consume around 2% to 3% of its body weight per day. Therefore a dog weighing 5kg should be eating approximately 100g of food per day.
These raw dog food guidelines understand that every dog is different based on the lifestyle it leads as they can be particularly active or live a sedentary life, and you should alter the portion sizes of your dog’s meals accordingly.
Raw Dog Food Guidelines
- Small Dog 100g per day; adults weighing up to 4.5kg
- Small to Medium 200 – 300g per day; adults weighing between 4.5 and 11.5kg
- Medium 300-400g weighing between 11.5kg and 22.5kg
- Medium to large 500-700g per day weighing between 22.5 and 35.5kg
- Large 700g per day weighing 34kg +
Our Raw Dog Food Ranges
Not sure what type of raw dog food will be best for your best friend? We have three main ranges for adult dogs:
- Working Dog Raw Dog Food: the perfect raw food for active dogs, the Complete Working Dog range helps your dog remain fit and healthy with all the protein and nutrients they need. No gluten, grains, and vastly reduced lectin levels.
- 80:80:10 Raw Dog Food: the 80:80:10 range is ideal if you’re looking for raw dog food without vegetables; each meal is 80% meat, 10% offal, and 10% bone.
- Enriched Raw Dog Food: our enriched food helps protect your dog’s health through excellent nutrition. You’ll find no gluten or grains and even more reduced lectin in these delicious meals!
Do I Need to Wean My Dog onto Raw Pet Food?
A lot of dogs take to a raw diet without any problems. Nevertheless, we suggest starting by serving 3/4 of your dog’s usual food in the morning with 1/4 of the suitable portion of Raw Pet Food later the same day doing this for a week should result in a successful transition.
Each portion of Raw Pet Foods is hand-made and weighed, meaning that any unused portion of a bag can be kept in the fridge or freezer until next meal time. Any portion that has defrosted cannot be re-frozen.
What About Raw Puppy Food?
Puppies need both the right type and the right amount of food during their development. They need protein to build growing bodies and calcium for developing bones. We believe it is important that puppies are weighed regularly to determine correct growth.
Feed your puppy:
- 2-4 months – 8% of their body weight per day.
- 4-6 months – 6% of their body weight per day.
- 6-8 months – 4% of their body weight per day.
- 8-12 months – 3% of their body weight per day.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_code admin_label=”Feeding Video”]<a name=”video”></a> <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/J5nQ5anLYwY” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>[/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section admin_label=”Section” global_module=”554″ fullwidth=”off” specialty=”off” transparent_background=”off” background_color=”rgba(104,216,0,0.48)” allow_player_pause=”off” inner_shadow=”off” parallax=”off” parallax_method=”off” padding_mobile=”off” make_fullwidth=”off” use_custom_width=”off” width_unit=”on” make_equal=”off” use_custom_gutter=”off”][et_pb_row global_parent=”554″ admin_label=”Row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_accordion global_parent=”554″ admin_label=”Breed Sizes & Weights” saved_tabs=”all” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”] [et_pb_accordion_item title=”Feeding Guide”]
Weight of Dog
8KG Box Delivery Cycle
Cost per day £
|3kg||75g||107||0.35||Click to order|
|4kg||100g||80||0.46||Click to order|
|5kg||125g||64||0.58||Click to order|
|6kg||150g||53||0.69||Click to order|
|7kg||175g||46||0.81||Click to order|
|8kg||200g||40||0.92||Click to order|
|9kg||225g||36||1.04||Click to order|
|10kg||250g||32||1.16||Click to order|
|11kg||275g||29||1.27||Click to order|
|12kg||300g||27||1.39||Click to order|
|13kg||325g||25||1.50||Click to order|
|14kg||350g||23||1.61||Click to order|
|15kg||375g||21||1.76||Click to order|
|16kg||400g||20||1.85||Click to order|
|17kg||425g||19||1.95||Click to order|
|18kg||450g||18||2.06||Click to order|
|19kg||475g||17||2.18||Click to order|
|20kg||500g||16||2.31||Click to order|
|21kg||510g||16||2.31||Click to order|
|22 to 25kg||520 to 550g||15||2.47||Click to order|
|26 to 29kg||560 to 590g||14||2.64||Click to order|
|30 to 34kg||600 to 650g||13||2.77||Click to order|
|35 to 39kg||650 to 690g||12||3.01||Click to order|
|40 to 52kg||700 to 760g||11||3.24||Click to order|
|53 to 68kg||765 to 840g||10||3.70||Click to order|
|69 to 70kg||845 to 850g||9||4.11||Click to order|
If you are unsure of your dogs weight please us the following Breed guides to give you some idea. If your dog has a target weight you want to achieve, then feed them based on that and not their current weight.